Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Got a secret?

Sometimes secrets are fun. Like when it's someones birthday coming up, and you know the PERFECT present to get for them, and you're so desperate to tell them because you know how happy it will make them, but you can't tell them because you don't want to ruin the suprise. I love that feeling!

Sometimes secrets are mundane. Like how you're not supposed to talk about how much money you earn with people in your office in case you get more or less than them, or how you're not supposed to discuss politics with people because it gets people all wound up and defensive. I tend to forget about keeping those sorts of things secret, to my detriment.

Sometimes secrets are sad. I recently found my old high school diaries and cried for the sad little girl that I used to be, keeping all those sad little secrets written down in a secret conversation with a book that couldn't help.

Sometimes secrets hurt.

Sometimes secrets are dangerous.

Sometimes secrets are better set free than kept to yourself.

Secrets are all sorts of things, but a while ago I discovered that secrets can also be extremely creative. I have a few beautiful secrets myself, and one day I'm going to attempt to express their beauty in a tangible form, like pinning down an exquisitely beautiful butterfly, and send them in here to Postsecret.

This video really captured me today. While you watch it, think about what secrets you have that might need to be set free. And then picture that same captured beauty inside every other person you walk past today - breathtaking isn't it?

No comments: