Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I don't think we're in Angelfire anymore Toto...


Yes, it's all new! (Or some of it is new, and some is new-ish, but let's not split hairs eh?) New home here at blogspot, and new-ish home back here in sunny Australia. I've just moved back from beautiful, beautiful London, and am missing it dreadfully!

Or... was...

...until I found out that it's 0 degrees there at the moment! Yep, not feeling so bad about the balmy summer days in Sydney now!

It's been 2 months since I've been back, and it's been a big adjustment! All of a sudden I can say 'pants' again, and I'm completely free to talk about 'thongs' if I want to; it's no longer a duvet, it's a doona again; I don't watch Pop Idol, it's now all about Australian Idol; I'm 3 months behind on The Bill, but 2 months ahead on Home & Away; instead of paying a fortune for my oystercard, I now pay a fortune for petrol instead; I don't have to stumble over 'crisps' because they're all just chips again; there's less of the 'whining reality tv' shows, and more of the backyard renovation blitzes going on; I don't have to watch out for pigeons, but I do have to watch out for mosquitoes... but the best, most wonderful thing that I've found over here? NOBODY SAYS "INNIT!"

And I can't tell you how much that's worth!

No comments: