Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fairy tale wedding!

Last weekend (or the weekend before I think actually) I flew up to the Gold Coast for Katie and Steve's wedding - it was so BEEYOOTIFUL!! Apart from the fact that I felt like a movie star because I flew up there, it was also so great to see how much in love these two crazy kids are. Altogether now: ahhhhhhhh.

The flight from Sydney to Gold Coast was ridiculously short. I barely had time to turn my mobile off, fall asleep a couple of times with my mouth open, and then they were announcing that we were beginning descent! (Actually, to tell the truth I forgot to switch my phone off - but clearly it didn't have much of an effect on the planes naviagtion guidance system, and we still landed okay!)

The church where the wedding was held was a cute as a button Anglican church where Steve's father is the pastor (sorry, I have no idea of the right title for your father Steve!). He had the most beautiful robes on - I reckon he came close to out-blinging the bride!





Katie and Steve are ridiculously in love, and spent the entire day smiling at each other. It was all just too romantic for me, I cried nearly through the whole service (apart from when I was trying to take notes - well done Steve's dad, great service!) however the happy couple didn't cry - they were giggling! Crazy kids...



Please check out the amazing wedding cake - which I was totally in awe of! (Mish I took some close up pics for you, you could totally create this masterpiece!)


It was a lovely reception too - there were about 75 people there I think, which was a nice amount of people. Katie's friends were all SO lovely, and looked after me. Plus I was hosted beautifully by the very wonderful Vicky "bridesmaid" Taylor. We had the most hysterical room that night too - for some reason we'd been given a conference suite. It was all set up with facilities for a small board meeting. I very nearly had a small heart attack and died with laughter upon entering the room :-)



I had the most beautiful shoes ever - borrowed from my fashion-tastic sister Katy. They made it very hard to go to bed at night, as I could hardly bear to take them off, such was their glory!



The beautiful bride the day after the wedding!


The next day we had lunch on (near) the beach. It was so great to get to meet Vicky and Katie's family, who are all very cool indeed. In spite of getting thrown up on by the youngest Taylor present, it was a really great day!



I flew back in to Sydney feeling like a celebrity again (albeit a slighty vomit covered celebrity, but it's all part of the glory really) and found that the wonderful Sarah had stocked my car with a bow of fresh Krispy Kremes and a hidden Toblerone. What a great weekend :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! She looked AMAZING!!!!! I almost cried when I saw the pics!
WOW!
Mrs Burnett.... :)
(whdlc)

Anonymous said...

Katie looked amazing - thanks for putting up those photos! You are a legend!

Anonymous said...

more photo's of katie!!! I want to see more :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you followed the Golden Rule Amy! Well done!