Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Steely Dan

During my travels on the web today, I stumbled across this *hilarious* open letter from the guys in Steely Dan to the actor Luke Wilson.
You know his brother Owen Wilson is currently in that new movie 'You, Me and Dupree'? Well apparently Steely Dan had a hit back in 2000 called 'Cousin Dupree' on their album 'Two Against Nature'.
So they've addressed the letter to Luke, saying that as Owen's brother, maybe he can talk some sense into him. The letter is hilarious, please check it out. My favourite part? "Your bro may be creating an extremely retrograde reality matrix for himself with his whole sellout moviestar game and there may be some righteous dues to pay, amen."

After a quick google (that sounds quite wrong on some level) I found a quote from Owen Wilson's spokeswoman: "I have never heard the song `Cousin Dupree' and I don't even know who this gentleman, Mr. Steely Dan, is. I hope this helps to clear things up and I can get back to concentrating on my new movie, `HEY 19.'"

This just makes me laugh so much. I love it when people have a sense of humour :-)

2 comments:

Mishy-Jo said...

That is too cool for school ... I love it ... Sometimes the ramblings of others is too funny.

Unknown said...

No new posts? No e-mails? I'm beginning to think you don't like me anymore... :)
Missing you stax.
(crxch)