Thursday, January 04, 2007

So it's 2007 already

and doesn't it feel nice so far?


Day four and so far I've:

* done a bit of spring cleaning over at 43 Things

* given notice of moving out of the Cottage

* bought a stack of boxes home from work

* started packing my books

* bought some more books (it's a never ending circle!)

* put away all of my Christmas presents (God bless you all you lovely people!)

* used my new tea pot twice




Not sure if I've ever talked about this before, but a while ago the very beautiful Mish taught me this great trick of naming your year, or giving your year a particular focus. Last year was my year of Foundations - so all year I was looking at things from the perspective of how they could build and strengthen my foundations, and etc. etc. One of my other lovely girlfriends last year named her year all about enlarging and stengthening. And her life expanded like you wouldn't believe! I've heard of peopel having a year of finances - where they focus that year on building and strengthening the financial side of their lives, a year of relationships, of blessing your enemies, the possibilities are endless really, and all depend on what direction you feel your life need to go in.

I love the focus this brings to my life. I don't just want to let this year drift by without accomplishing things. I've been praying a lot about what focus I need to bring to this sparkling new year. So what is this year named? Well... I'm not letting all my secrets go so easily! Gotta keep a bit of mystery ;-)

Hope your NY spring cleaning has gone as well as mine!

2 comments:

Mishy-Jo said...

Yeah for a double-headed umbrella. I'm so glad you are back to blogging... I missed your voice of randomness.

I'm still deciding on my year's name.... But I'm glad to hear you've got yours sorted. I just love that umbrella...

Unknown said...

posts...posts... YAY!!!!!!
I missed you!
I like the gloves... now I just need someone to share them with... :) Hehehe.
And I absolutely love the idea of naming your year... that's gonna take some thinking about.