Thursday, February 15, 2007

Reasons why...


Just before I left London to move to Sydney, my favourite friend Michelle wrote me a list of reasons why I would be happy to go back. I think she told me at the time that it was partly to convince herself, but it certainly helped me too!

Okay, the jpeg's aren't showing up very nicely, but you can click and enlarge them which might help a bit.


So the list has been sitting in the back of my bible, and every now and then when I'm missing London, or missing Mish, I take the list out and read it and remember the reasons why I'm happy to be living in Sydney.

Isn't Mish wonderful? Well it's taken me nearly 18 months to repay the favour, but here's my list for her.

Reasons why Amy is happy to have Mish as a best friend

* not many other people understand the fine line between wearing too much pink and not quite enough

* it’s important to have someone who will tell you when you’re being weird

* we have the same love language (gifts!) (this works out quite well for birthdays and Christmas!)

* we both understand that every so often it’s important for your soul to watch a very good trashy movie

* we both have a passion for connecting people, but doing it with style

* our weaknesses compliment each others strengths

* sometimes she calls me needing advice, and then not much later I call her needing the exact same advice. I don't understand how this works, but it's great to have someone to do this with!

* Mish has a deep seated aversion to tinsel, and is the last word on being stylish at Christmas, which I totally aspire to

* she sets me free to achieve my goals

* sometimes when she phones me she doesn’t even say hello, just starts talking straight away, which I love

* she loves me unconditionally, even when I'm in a bad mood

* she can carry more fruit than any other person I know (I find this strangely comforting)

* she has a beautiful inbuilt sense of etiquette

* we wear the same size shoes

* even though we live on opposite sides of the planet, in the last 18 months we've grown closer than ever

* the girl can ACCESSORISE like no one else I know!

* she sees God in people and this brings out the best in them

* when we lived in the same city we became dangerously coordinated (which I secretly enjoyed)

* she is incredibly generous with her time and resources

* she recognises the total joy of the random glory that God brings to our lives

* one day she asked my permission (in all seriousness) to take a chocolate cake in her arms, which will remain the funniest question anyone has ever asked me

* one day we will be wrinkly old grandmothers together, with matching pink support hose (it’s inevitable!)


Too much pink? Surely you jest!

3 comments:

Mishy-Jo said...

I believe it was .... 5 pineapples, 10 kiwi fruit, 5 galia melons, 10 mangos, 2 punnets strawberries, 2 watermelons, 10 limes, 10 lemons, 2 packets of grapes and some kebab sticks...

Mishy-Jo said...

Now I love you EVEN more. Big pink kisses and hugs.

Clovergirl said...

Nobody else can carry that much fruit Mishy :-) You're the best!!