Saturday, January 14, 2006

I Am A New Creation

"I'm not a perfect person, there's many things I wish I didn't do/
But I continue learning, I never meant to say those things to you/
And so I have to say before I go, that I just want you to know/
I've found out a reason for me to change who I used to be/
A reason to start over new, and the reason is You"
'The Reason' Hoobastank

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5.17

Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
John 3.3

"The Spirit of the LORD will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy; and you will be changed into a different person. Once these signs are fulfilled, do whatever your hand finds to do, for God is with you."
1 Samuel 10.6-7

"And why have I called you for this work? I called you by name when you did not know me. I am the LORD; there is no other God. I have prepared you, even though you do not know me."
Isaiah 45.2-5

Then Job replied to the LORD:
"I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You ask, `Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I. And I was talking about things I did not understand, things far too wonderful for me.
"You said, `Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.'
"I had heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I repent that I ever doubted your glory."
Job 42.1-5

4 comments:

Unknown said...

2 Cor 3:16-18 NKJ
Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Unknown said...

By the way, I love your reading list- NLT by God. Very original!
I'm gonna add these great blogs to mine as well!
Oh yeah, how is Eats, shoots and leaves?

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy ,
I have been checking for new reads all weeek..... and nothing
Hope you are well
love Sonia

Unknown said...

Hey Princess!
Yup, I agree- miss reading all your new stuff!
Speak to you later
Love you.