Saturday, January 28, 2006

The world has gone crazy....

and is taking me with it.... random stories from my life....

* I catch the bus to work and back every day, and I love watching how when the bus drivers pass each other they give each other a little nod or wave. These crazy bus drivers on my work route actually stick their tongues out at each other and pull silly faces. I love that even more!

* I saw a little park called 'Jinkers Green'. That made me chuckle.

* The other day my bus driver offered to take the bus through McDonalds drive through if anyone was hungry. We weren't, so he kept drivng!

* Check out the nets around this trampoline. Sure it's safe - but how do you get in??


* I saw a man the other day wearing a singlet that said: 'Port Douglas Singlet Hire'

* I was shopping the other day and saw the most beautiful shoes - they were pink, and tall, and pointy, and had this beautiful little arrangement of crystals and beads and ribbons that hung down on one side and kind of dripped off the ankle. They were so delicious! I started thinking to myself 'I totally need shoes like that! They would be so practical! There's so many occasions I would need them for!' I picked up the shoes to look underneath to see how much they were, and there was a big sticker saying 'DREAM ON'. Fair enough, I thought, can't argue with the shoes. i put them down and moved on!


* I went for a walk the other day and suddenly saw a little boy on a bike coming towards me. I moved to my left, he swerved to his right! I then moved to my right, but he was already swerving to his left! I was confused, so I stopped still in the middle! He was confused too, he tried to stop, but I think he forgot to put his feet on the ground, because slowly, slowly, he totally toppled over onto the ground, shooting me a dirty look the whole way!

* I saw the best idea ever a while ago - serviettes to use at your bbq, in a tissue box! You just pull them right out like tissues! Marvellous!

* One bus driver (Barry) loves opera music, and always pumps the volume when it comes on the radio. He told me that he loves listening to opera on the ABC in the mornings, but doesn't like listening to ABC in the afternoons as it 'gets too highbrow'. (As opposed to opera which isn't highbrow at all??!)

* Another bus story - I saw a 5cent coin on the window ledge and decided to pick it up.... and it was glued on! A salute to someone who bothers to carry around 5cent coins and superglue to set up a trick that they'll never see pay off! Brilliant!


* We had a fancy dress day at work for Australia Day. One of the boys from the warehouse wore Australia undies over the top of his trousers, an Australian flag as a cape, and was riding a blow-up kangaroo all day. He kept jumping around yelling 'Hop hop and awaaaayyyy!!!'

Yep the world is a crazy place, and it's funny how I'm fitting in so perfectly... ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uhm... any cause for concern on my part?????