Sunday, April 02, 2006

Halleluiah!

Why do so many hospitals have Christian sounding names? We deal with a couple of hundred hospitals in Australia, and processing around 60 or 70 orders a day we end up knowing the names of the hospitals very well. I think it's very interesting how many have Saint and religious sounding names!

Calvary Hospital, St Andrews, St George (public and private), Sisters of Mercy, Holy Spirit Hospital, St John of God (I love that one, I mean - why mess about hey?! This St John, he was specifically from God!)

There are so many Mater Misericordiae hospitals that it is annoying.

It makes for some funny comments, that's for sure. Quite often we get faxes marked with random names, where people haven't bothered to listen to us on the phone and just write down whatever they approximate our name is. The best I heard was when we got one such fax and one of the girls picked it up and asked: "Is anyone waiting to hear from the Holy Spirit?"

I had a private chuckle at that. It got even better when one of the other girls got straight up and said - "Yes! I've been waiting to hear from the Holy Spirit!"

I tell you - I've tried praying, fasting, singing, praising - but never thought to try faxing the Holy Spirit! Revolutionary!

No comments: