Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

I just found out that it's Thanksgiving Day in the US today! I remember one year my dad called me and told me that he and some of his friends had had a Thanksgiving dinner, and he'd given thanks for me. I think it moved me to tears :-) (What a great dad!)

So this year I decided to make a list of things I'm thankful for. Anything you think I've forgotten that I should be thankful for? Leave me a comment! Anything that you're thankful for? Leave me a comment!

I'm thankful for...

  • good doctors results for my thyroid tests
  • a steady job with good pay
  • great people in my department at work
  • a beautiful Cottage to live in with my own beautiful room
  • great friends around the world who post me presents and cards
  • my wonderful family, both immediate and extended, and their great sense of humour
  • all the fairy lights on sale at Christmas
  • that I have confidence in my church
  • free internet and access to my blog at work
  • my diamond ring
  • being able to spend time with my family now that I'm living in Australia
  • the wonderful budget that Sarah helped me with which is helping me become debt free!
  • the fact that both my parents are in committed and loving relationships
  • that I can never do anything to make God love me any more, or any less than he already does
  • that more of my brilliant friends and getting blogs, so that I can read their brilliance online
  • that I'm getting lots of comments on my blog (okay that one is a thankful-in-anticipation!)
How about you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I Posted! I Posted!!!!!
YEAH BABY!

Katy Snowball said...

I am thankful for the wonderous invention that is my laptop, that allows me to compete all my uni assignments so quickly and efficiently, with only minimal temptation from The Sims.