Monday, March 12, 2007

Rego Lockdown

I've been ignoring my rego sticker for months. You know the way you do that? Or is it just me? So you actually need to find something out (I do this with bank statements and phone bills too btw) but because you know that you're probably not going to really like the answer, you delay it, and delay it... and then all of a sudden it's a crisis! And you think - I won't do that again! Next time I'll sort it out ahead of time! I'll be all over it before it's even happened!

So I can see the back of the rego sticker in my car from the drivers seat, but that doesn't show what date rego is due. And every time I sat in the car, I'd say to myself 'I should really check that when I get out of the car' and then walk around the back of the car instead of around the front thereby not seeing it at all, which actually delays the date that the rego is due. Okay, possibly I can't really back that up. But it would be nice wouldn't it? So that's avoidance technique alright!

Well, I've finally faced up to reality, checked it out, and rego is due on April 17th. That's a measly 3 paydays away. So I am now on rego financial lockdown. This means no spending on anything non-rego related. Hey, stop laughing! I can do this! Anyway, luckily insurance is not due til May (don't ask me when exactly, I'm busy employing avoidance technique there as well) because that's going to hurt enough as it is without having them both come at once. I remember with my first car actually, I had rego, insurance and my licence renewal all in the same week - which fell on my birthday week! Happy birthday to me!

So on Friday I scurried up to my mechanic on the Central Coast, expecting a lengthy lecture on how bad the condition of my brakes were (they were screaming so loudly that random passers by on the street were looking at me in alarm!) and an extremely large bill... but instead I find that the brakes are fine, and all I need is 2 new tyres and a wheel alignment. Hurrah! (There may have been other assorted things done to the car as well, I'm a bit hazy on mechanical details) My mechanic is so great! He even let me split his payment, what a champ. I have to say, even though it's a pain having to drive all the way up to the coast to get my car serviced, being a young, gullible looking female (why fight the label) it's so worth it having a mechanic you can trust!

So that's the... er... pink slip... which means that now I need to get a... green(?) slip possibly, and not too sure about CTP also... and maybe something else... possibly... er...? Oh rego, rego, whyfore art thou rego? If only catching public transport wasn't so darned annoying... but then if only more public transport was as stylish as this!!


Cloverbus artwork thanks to the wonderful Chris!

2 comments:

Mishy-Jo said...

The beautiful thing about our friendship, is that I never have to be around to witness such blatant disregard for organisation. You know... you could really do with a lesson on making lists with tick-boxes. That way everyone gets to join in the fun AND you stay organised.

Nice wheels by the way...!

Clovergirl said...

Did you just mention fun in reference to lists with tick boxes?? Oh Mishy, my friend...

But then you'd have to LOOK at all the things you haven't done, and not be able to avoid them... oh, that was your point wasn't it?!

It's a pretty great bus isn't it ;-)