Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blog Challenge Round II

So here's the next challenge: Write a character profile for yourself if you had lived in medieval times.

Hmm... sounds simple enough. I've read enough sci-fi/fantasy books set in medieval-type times.

Name: Amy Louise (Secret identity: Amarylis, medieval-type superhero, no lycra tights but definately a big sword plus swift and dashing steed)

Physical Characteristics: So Amy is an ordinary flower seller, with a little shop right in the heart of the citadel. She gets around in faded (yet still fashionable) gowns and sensible shoes. Amarylis (on the other hand) has a practical yet ever-so stylish get up, which includes a huge sword, bow and arrow, many dagger belts, and probably also a tiara. (Hey, this is my story!)

Likes: Amy is really into her shop, and her family. Probably pretty passionate about flowers and plants. There might also be a cute baker in a shop across the way who she's interested in!
Amarylis is passionate about righting wrongs, bringing justice to all, and giving bad guys a whopping big hiding with the flat of her sword. She does kill the occasional really bad guy, but only if she's definately sure that he's irredeemable.

Dislikes: Amy dislikes people who don't buy flowers, the florist suppliers who charge too much, and the shop owner next door because she sings really loudly and off-key all day long, and always hangs around that cute baker uneccessarily.
Amarylis dislikes finding somewhere private to do a quick change into the super hero costume, finding somewhere expedient to store the sword and shield, having to chase down smugglers and criminals when it's muddy, and when swordfights leave her with chipped nails.


Actually, that was tougher than I thought!
Check out Phoenix's profile or even Mr Torongo's saga. Any ideas for the next challenge?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha... Nice one Ermie! That was really challenging for me as well... I was actually considering chickening out of my own challenge once I tried to get started!
You pulled it off beautifully though!

tato fantastico said...

i wanna play... i wanna play too... will do mine now.

Unknown said...

WHAAAAAT??? No new posts????? I have been anticipating new ones all of last week, and now to be so horribly disappointed... You CANNOT do that to someone, it's just WRONG!

Unknown said...

PS- I have asked Mr. Torongo to set Blog Challenge Round 3 for us...

Anonymous said...

Ams, I gave this one a go and didn't get much further than the castle - I was so busy decking it out & checking out the landscape & forests that I forgot what I was doing in the first place. Okay so I may not be a medieval superhero but I have a castle!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Great Idea

I do believe that this is a challenge to which I have an advantage having thougt about this little scenario since I was 12. once I get done designing the castle, completeing character back story and biography then constructing a dedicated web page...who said being in transition didn't have advantages! Just you wait!

Unknown said...

Ok.... not a challenge really, more of a delving into your phyche (is that how you spell that?)

If you could choose ONE superpower, what would it be...?
This is for all of you guys!