Friday, February 10, 2006

A 'Boy Party'

Every Saturday night after church we have a 'Frontline' event. Frontline is the age group between 25 and 35, into which I fit quite neatly. It's all fun thngs - like fish and chips at Bondi, Luna Park, beach volleyball, moonlight cinema etc. Great times, great people - I really enjoy it!
Two weeks ago the event was houseparties. My connect group went to a prty at a guy called George's apartment - a beautiful, beautiful place. I don't remember the name of the suburb. It was a lovely apartment, there was a whole heap of great people there, nice space, nice food - I was having a really great time.
Most of the wonderful people from my connect group were there too, which was great. Someone pulled out a guitar and some people with the most brilliant brilliant voices started singing, and people were doing all 4-part harmonies and I just LOVED it! They were singing some church songs, and some daggy old 80's songs (one guy kept breaking out into "I will always love you" which was funny!


And then, all of a sudden, hilariously, it turned into a Boys Party. Don't think I'm being sexist, just listen to what happened and you judge for yourself. So the music suddenly was turned off, and two projectors were pulled out and aimed at the wall, 12 people were grabbed and sat down in the living room - and all of a sudden there is a 12-way game of Halo 2 (a violent shooting computer game) going on! This was George's idea of how girls and guys could mix - by all playing computer games together! It was hysterical!



I thought it was a bit strange to start with, but it ended up being a lot of fun. The bottom left screen is me. I didn't end up going very well - possibly because I was taking pictures at the same time as playing! It never would have occurred to me that that would be a fun thing to do at a party. Boys are funny people aren't they?

No comments: