Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Surfing the information superhighway

I love spending time on the net. I don't think I could ever get bored if I awlays had the net around. Of course there's blogging - and you know I love talking, so that's perfect for me. I like researching things too, on wikipedia (which I still find it a bit suspect) but also on other more integrous sites. If I ever hear a word that I don't understand I look it up straight away. I read the news all day long. I check the slightly less integrous news sites as well ;-) But my two favourite sites to browse?

Engrish and Postsecret.

Engrish is so great. It makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. (and then laugh a little bit more)
Q. What is Engrish?
A. Engrish can be simply defined as the humorous English mistakes that appear in Japanese advertising and product design.

I've included a few recent pics from the site. They update it with something hilarious nearly every day, it's definitely one to be bookmarked. Beware if reading at your desk at work though, holding in the laughs can be difficult and, at times, embarassing! (I tend to snort!)








Postsecret is an entirely different kind of glory.
Q. What is Postsecret?
A. PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard.
Sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes I'm totally bewildered, sometimes it strikes very close to home, and sometimes it makes me want to cry - I'm always impressed with the creativity and honesty though. Postsecret is updated every Sunday with new images. Check out a few of this weeks secerets...

...er... trying to add the images but for some reason blogger isn't posting them. Check out the site for yourself, and I'll keep trying to persuade blogger that it's not stealing - it's just borrowing...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's "definitely" not definately!!!!!!!!

Clovergirl said...

Anonymous spell checker! Good work!

Unknown said...

:) You have a spell-checker! How cute is that? I want a spell-checker too! PS- what's with the typo's? You're normally the most meticulous person I know with spelling and grammar, besides myself! Come on Ermie- pull yourself together!
:)

Clovergirl said...

Er... would you believe that I'm trialling a new form on Engrish??

Anonymous said...

Clovergirl it's Ange and Tam - we love your blog. If near Adelaide, drop us a line. Would like to catch up again one day. Do you know the whereabouts of Ben and/or Steve? We have inadvertantly/blonde-esquely lost their contacts too? tamarthurs@yahoo.com.au