Thursday, October 26, 2006

Abandoned blogs!

There used to be an abandoned house near my sisters house, we called it the derelict house. It was pretty sad - junk all over the front porch, overgrown and neglected lawn, the whole house looked sad and lonely. There's not much sadder than a broken-down old abandoned house. Except for perhaps, a lonely old abandoned blog! Where is everyone lately? It's feeling very quiet in the blogosphere!

I was checking out this site today, and I came across this slang term, which might go some way to explaining why nobody is blogging lately:

backblog: (n,v) Overflow of incidents you intend to write about on your weblog/diary. Example: I've been meaning to write about my last five dates, but I have to work through my backblog.

Er, so yes, I sometimes read slang dictionaries online... doesn't everyone? Didn't everyone use to read the dictionary when they were little to find out if there were any words they didn't know? I love learning, whenever I get a spare moment online I love to google things I don't know much about (or go to the wik) just for the pleasure of being more knowledgeable. You know that old saying 'Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.' Well I reckon that's relevant in some way here. Google something for someone and they'll have one question answered, teach them to google for themselves and they'll totally stop bugging you.

Or something...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree! Google is the answer! They way of the future! If you need info, it's there. It has the answer to some of life's most profound questions: What are the opening hours of my fav restaurant? How do I get there? etc.
It is my response to any question I do not know the answer to... What is teh meaning of life? Google it! :)

tato fantastico said...

i definitely agree that google makes my life a heck of a lot easier. google answers everything. have you ever googled your friends...??? i've googled you guys and i shant share what i found.... dodgy clover... well dodgy phoenix..

and if that post was some veiled attack at the lack of activity on my blog, the hint was received. now on to more pressing matters.. YOUR LAST 5 DATES PLEASE!!!!!!

Clovergirl said...

It wasn't so veiled was it - but it had the desired effect... WELCOME BACK!!

tato fantastico said...

LAST % DATES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Katy Snowball said...

Interesting post Amy, because the derelict house is now a veritable HIVE of activity! The same derelictors are back, and they have visitors aplenty, day and night! I am not suggesting that they are anything other than total up standing members of the community, just that they have very busy social lives. Just like your blog!