Saturday, October 28, 2006

Real bling!

Last weekend my mum gave me her engagement ring! OMG! This is Very Exciting, as it means that I now own diamonds! It's a beautiful ring, 3 sparkly diamonds and 2 beautiful sapphires in white gold. I haven't taken it off since she gave it to me - I've even been wearing it to bed! My dad gave it to her 34 years ago. (She's remarried now, so has since gotten a new sparkler!)

Actually with all the clearing out that's going on at mums place ahead of her big move to Lord Howe Island - I've gotten a few interesting things to store at the Cottage. I also now have my mum's wedding dress, some ancient rollerblades, my grandma's ball gown, a lace table cloth my mum got as an engagement present, about fifty flannellette sheet sets and my towering cork shoes of death (photo of cork shoes of death to come soon). My room is so full of stuff. There's stuff everywhere. Stuff stacked in boxes in the cupboard. Stuff on top of the wardrobe. Stuff stuff stuff. (Glorious stuff)

Real bling y'all!

This post also highlights the difficulty in taking a picture of a ring that I wear on my right hand, when I own a right handed camera.


(Yes, it's a right handed camera! The button you press is on the right hand side, and my hands aren't big enough to press it with my left and still look at the screen.)

So finally I have some real bling! And I think it's about time too! I'm thnking of getting it remodelled one day when I have some spare cash *cough* and I'm not holding my breath for THAT blessed day! I feel so special, thinking that 34 years ago my dad bought this ring to show the girl he loved how special she was to him, and that for 25 years my mum looked at this ring on her hand every second minute (just like I do) and felt loved (just like I do!).

3 comments:

tato fantastico said...

does this mean if we get married i dont have to buy you an engagement ring coz you have one already??? coz if it does you have just leap-frogged keira knightley into first place

Clovergirl said...

Sorry Tato, that is the wrong assumption entirely! This means that if we got married you'd have to buy me a BIGGER diamond than the one I already own! (Girls can see the logic there)

tato fantastico said...

but if you have diamonds already why do i need to get you more.? is there no satisfying a girls love for diamonds.