Friday, October 20, 2006

English Wedding!

Ahh I love weddings! My very very good friend Debs married her sweetheart Neil last week. For some unknown reason they decided to have the wedding in London instead of Australia (possibly because they both LIVE in London, but still - I think they could have taken me into account) so I didn't get to go. But thanks to my wonderful girlfriends Jenny and Mish for sending me photos.

Beautiful dress, beautiful couple, beautiful greenery...

Who would settle for just ONE wedding cake these days darling?

The fabulously, fabulously talented Mish made the cakes. Can you believe that an ordinary mortal person made these deliciously-looking pieces of heaven? She has a real talent! (I'm like a proud mum!)

It sometimes feels hard having dear friends who live in different countries, I miss getting to be with them - not just for big events either, I miss out on really doing life with people who I love. A PE teacher told me once (don't stop me if this isn't right) that when you exercise your muscles get lots of tiny tears in them, and it's while rebuilding these tears that your muscle grows bigger. I sometimes think that that's the way it is with hearts - the more it tears, the bigger it gets a chance to grow. Right now I think my heart is ENORMOUS! Luckily I serve a big God, who is Almighty and totally capable of healing torn hearts :-)

So congratulations my wonderful friends! From a playdate in Ikea 2 years ago to a romantic English wedding, HIP HIP HOORAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

o my darling i am having much trouble getting on to you!!!! Have you got my e-mail? I tried to reply to your call the other day and send a glorious long sms and got a reply saying you have the wrong person....arrgghhh!! And it took me hours to do :) I am very ssssllooowwwwww. We are looking forward to seeing you!! When are you coming down! xoxoxoxo Loulou