Thursday, October 19, 2006

Summerland Kings shout out

Got a second or two? Do yourself another favour and check out the Summerland Kings site - the hottest band around town!

You can even hear a clip of one of their best known songs 'Too much bourbon and not enough coke'. (It's an instant classic!)

Yes, okay, it's my dad's band! I think they're pretty rocking, even if they do foray into doing *cough* country *cough* music every now and then.



The fellas in the band like to play a few different instruments. For them ‘to get the trifecta up’ means playing three instruments in one night at a gig.
Witness for yourself the harp playing, conga & vocal ability of ‘Uncle’ Bob Morton (son of the great ‘Tex’ Morton).
Enjoy the keyboard magic and vocal skill of the one and only Trevor ‘BIG BOSS MAN’ Norman.
Hear the licks, riffs, slides and bends in the howling and haunting melodic playing of
Ian ‘SMOKEY ‘Armfield.
Walk the bass lines, hear the rhythm guitar and enjoy the percussion from that master bassman Terry ‘TEZZ’ Carlan.
Laying down the funkiest of beats is the drummer (soon to be bass playing) Gordon ‘SKIPPER’ Schubert.
John ‘BUCKO’ Penn plays guitar, bass and drums to round out this unit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(cockney accent a la Dudley Moore) Well I saw da band .... an I fink de're da best liddle band in Warnervale. I do. I migh' be a liddle bit pissy, I say migh' because I can't tell ... becauze, becauze, but any way it was jus' grea' stuff .... jus' grea' . Now .... where woz I?
Oh yeahhh I like 'em an'...... I'd go to see 'em again ..
..... if dey pick me up a gain .... and if dey pay me wif booz a gain.