Friday, December 09, 2005

BMW = Buy More Wheels

I went to the beach today - it was glorious!

I loved living in London, but I missed the beach so much! As far back as I can remember, we've always lived near the beach. It's just so relaxing getting out into the salty air, I love it. I remember back in my final year of uni, I was doing an all-night edit session on a film I was making, and had been locked up in the edit suite for at least 10 or 12 hours. (Possibly more, sometimes the sun could come up or go down and the only thing that would register would be that you would have to wait another 8 hours til you could go get Burger King) I was so wired, the only thing I wanted to do was feel the air around me, so I drove to the beach in the middle of the night and sat on the sand for hours. Totally relaxed me and chilled me out!

Today seemed to be Dog's Day Out at the beach. Every man and his dog were there. Now typically I'm very standoffish with dogs, truth is they frighten me! Even little dogs worry me a bit! But there was this one, and he was so cute. He was totally having an excellent time at the beach. His owner didn't seem too fussed to be there, but the dog was certainly making the most of it!







And then on the way home.... the BMW has issues. Issues!

Let me give you some background. About 3 weeks ago, Katy's car sprung a leak in one of the hoses, she saw the temperature gauge go up, but since she couldn't afford to take it to the mechanic, she just kept filling it up with water - and eventually the engine cooked itself. As my step-dad Gary told me "The engine was so hot it could have cooked an egg in minus one seconds flat." (And that's fast!) So Katy didn't have a car, and I drove her around for a while. Then she and her bf tried to get his car registered, turns out his engine was cooked too - from being driven around with a blown head gasket. So I'm now driving both of them around, which I don't mind because the BMW is awesome, I have my Jesus fish sticker and an excellent car cd, so what more could you need really.

So we've all got it hammered into us: watch the temperature gauge kids! If it goes into the red, stop driving!!

So, today, the BMW has issues. The temperature gauge starts rising. There starts to be this horrible burny smell. I'm only about 2 mins drive from home, and I start thinking that I should stop driving, but the temperature gauge isn't in the red, it's only gone up to about three quarters, so I figure I should be right. Which, no. Not even Amy. Not right at all. When I get home and Gary has a look at it, he tells me that the water had all drained out and I should have Stopped! When the gauge even Moved! At All! As it now looks like the engine might be cooked! Cooked I say!

*sigh*

I'm feeling stressed again, I want to go back to the beach. Only... no car to drive in! *sob!*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ames!

It's Marc from your old stamping ground, CPW. Good to hear your settling in okay back at home.

Sounds like it has been a veritable whirlwind down there for you!

Pity about your Beemer, though. Maybe your should invest in a nice new hybrid car, to cut down your petrol costs. ;-)

Enjoy your Christmas and I look forward to reading more blogs to remind me of home. :-)

Unknown said...

PAINFUL!!!! 3 cars FRIED!!! I reckon you should come back to London... it doesn't get hot enough here for cars to get fried! Hehehe.
Chat soon.