Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Some random things you might not know about me

* I love happy, smiley music, and am supremely unconcerned with whether it's cool or not: early Beach Boys, Everly Brothers, Spice Girls, Hi-5, Queen, recent Ben Lee...

* I still have never figured out what colour my eyes are.

* When I was little, I used to be terrified of being the Last Person Awake in our house. My dad gave me tapes of classical music to listen to, to relax me to sleep. Since then I've always associated that particular music with being tense, and terrified, and being the Last Person Awake. When I was 21 I worked in a phone company store, where we had to call the head office all the time and were regularly put on hold for ages. That same piece of classsical music was on repeat on the hold music. Total torture.

* Hair colours I've had: brown, black, orange, red, blue, green, yellow. Current piercings: 5. Tattoo: 1 (and it's a cutie!).

* I have an enormous and immediate affinity with anyone who has the same first name as me (even though when I was in high school I hated it!).

* I seem to be a magnet for random drunk people, especially on public transport. (Oh the stories I could tell!)

* I cry helplessly in happy movies, and thus refuse to watch sad movies as I'm a little afraid of what my reaction might be!

* I used to want to be a filmmaker, and spent 4 years at university studying film history, filmmaking and digital editing. I am now a repressed film snob.

* Someone once described me as revolutionary, and I'm so so so inspired by that!

* I love my cat! She loves to be hugged and talks a lot - which I think is unbearably cute!

* I've always had big dreams, but I wasn't going anywhere good at all until I met Jesus, and now my life is all about His glory and His plans, which I know will be amazing!

* I pride myself at being eloquent, yet I am astonishingly bad at Scrabble!

* I changed my last name when I was 21, and I love it now. I'll be sad to see it go when I get married.

* I worked at the Sydney Olympic Games in the main stadium. The major Australian rights holding broadcaster wanted an interview with Cathy Freeman and her husband after she won her gold medal, but I had been told not to let anyone in to the mix-zone area, and I didn't know who he was so I wouldn't let him in. I don't think they ever got the interview, which would have been a total scoop!

* My friend Mish in London is the second part of my heart.

* I've always been a very shy person, but I love public speaking. The more people in a conversation the better I feel!

* When I was a teenager I thought about suicide a lot, picked out the song I wanted to die to, and even wrote a suicide note (which I still have).

* In highschool I was a cheerleader for the local football team!

* I used to wear a WWJD band, but found myself asking more "What Would Vicky Do?" (a friend from London who is astonishingly graceful in every situation).

* I have an irrational fear of spiders and crawly things which I am trying to conquer! (This is very relevant as an enormous stick insect is taking flying leaps across the wall next to me as I type!)

* I think my sister Katy is the most hilarious person I've ever met, and I aspire to be more like her!

* Foods I love: brie cheese, fairy bread, peppermint chocolate, avocado, pistachio nuts, apple crumble and snow peas. What I hate supremely: cooking.

* When I was young we had cartoons on video, and one of the cartoons was a love story where the princess sang a sad song to her lover. It's been 17 years and I still have that song in my head.

* I feel much more comfortable wearing shoes than going barefoot.

* My blood-type (and my motto for life!) is B positive.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one Ermie! Hey- speaking of happy, smiley music, have you heard the song by REM Smiley happy people? I think of you every time I hear it!
Hehehe. Miss you Princess!
(ps- great Blog!!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful lady,
As for favourite foods....
I think you forgot "Totally mintal" low-fat icecream, with Tesco mini cake, (that I held in my arms) and cream in a can.

Love Mishy

Anonymous said...

Hey, since I'm currently typing this from a telecommunications establishment, it may not be the most prudent thing for you to do to extend any sort of invitation.

Clovergirl said...

The most prudent thing to do?? Telecommunications establishment?? I've worked in a few! Who left that comment?!

Anonymous said...

In order for me to answer that question, my solicitor would need to speak with your solicitor and draw up some sort of contract.
I'm sure you remember the relevant laws pertaining to communicating (either verbally, via sms or email) to certain people whilst on the premises of a telecoms company?
"Any invitation (specifically for dinner parties and house warming parties)delivered within the designated confines of a telecommunications establshment is rendered null & void. The invitee, therefore cannot be considered officially invited.
[Volume II, Section 3, Paragraph 4]

Anonymous said...

Oh... how awkward... for you... You obviously don't realise that that you are quoting from the UK and Europe Law. In Australia we are much more social and easy going, let me quote: "Invitations may be considered to be legal and binding no matter how casual or corporate a setting or how colloquial or ceremonial the language used. This can legally be said to govern subjects of Australia in whichever country they are currently residing in, and also whosoever they are speaking to. In addition, this law also remands jurisdiction over electronic mail (heretofore known as 'emails') and web logs (henceforth referred to as 'blogs') created by Australian citizens."
[Australia, Asia and NZ Laws Pertaining to Invitations and Sharing Information - Appendix 4, Column 8, Subparagraph XXI]

Anonymous said...

Considering that the Appendices in that volume only stretch to 3, I can safely say that you just made that up! ;-)

Glad to hear that you're having a great time. It's freeeeezing here; they reckon it's set to be the coldest winter in 60 years! You're lucky you left when you did otherwise you would've ended up becoming a pink popsicle!

Clovergirl said...

I can never win with you can I! I don't have your email address! Send me an email at clovergirl[at]gmail.com