Thursday, December 01, 2005

Double fault, love all.

About 18 months ago, I was walking in Kennington Park, and I decided that although my strengths were well documented (and obvious *ahem*) I really didn't know all that much about what my actual faults were.

Seems a bit of a funny thing to dwell on, but I decided that I couldn't really overcome any character faults and go on to become a better person if I didn't know what these faults were, could I? So I decided to have a big chat to God about it, and that I would just keep walking round that park until I knew them all.



It was a long walk.

Eventually I had a list. And they're good ones too! My list consisted of: pride, jealousy, impatience, selfishness and being judgemental.

So this month I've been wondering how I've gone with working on those? And you know what? It's funny, but even though I've been overcoming and stamping out instances of all of these in my life over the past 18 months - the issues still seem to be there. (Although let's be honest, it's easy to be judgemental when you're better than everyone else!) (Kidding, I'm kidding!)

But tonight, I stepped outside my comfort zone, and overcame one of them. Happy, happy, joy, joy! I put aside my pride coloured 'but what will people think' filter, and stepped off the selfish moral high ground that I so comfortably dwell on, and decided to reach out to someone who I was worried about. And it wasn't anything major, just a phone call, and a 30 second conversation, but I tell you something - I heard heaven cheering. It was a faint cheer, and there were definately a few shouts of "Good start, now let's see you keep it up!" but a cheer it was.

My theme this week is all about not letting your fears, faults, or failures hold you back from taking new ground.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! Great to see you're having fun back on your home soil luv! Ahhh... it looks so nice and sunny! We do miss you here in good 'ol London, so keep updating that blog of yours.
Cheers & kuier lekker!