Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Cottage

I spent the weekend down in Sydney at my lovely friend Shelley's house. It's such a gorgeous old house. Shelley insists that it is called a cottage, and so, it shall be known thus ;-)



On Sunday night, after church, we just crashed. But on Monday - which was interview day for both of us - we got a girlie dvd, and had chocolate icecream and fairy floss til we made ourselves sick. Very sick! How decadent! Shelley is not only one of the most beautiful, generous and gentle people that I know - she's also extremely creative! I love the lovely things she has everywhere, all beautiful touches.





Shelley and I met in sunny London, and one of my biggest consolations in coming back to Australia was that I would be able to spend more time with her. The very exciting news is that in late January, one of the other girls from the Cottage (lovely Kiwi Lynne) is moving out, and I'm going to move in! I've had a few interviews for a great job lately and even more beautifully - it's only 10 mins drive from the Cottage.



The Cottage is right next door to a church, and used to be the Vicarage, or the Ministers house - whatever you want to call it. On Sunday mornings, all the congregation park their cars all over the lawn. Right next door to a church! Now how could you complain about having God as a neighbour! (I guess unless He parked you in!)

No comments: