Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What a world, what a world

I'm melting! Seriously it is HOT! here lately! The clouds have gone away, and summer is in full swing! We've been going to the beach lately, which has been beeyootiful! I really hadn't realised what I'd been missing out on in London with no beaches to go to. Well, I did get to go to Brighton twice, but I will maintain until my dying day that that is not a proper beach!

You can't tell me that a place that you get bruised soles from walking with bare feet, is a beach. Or somewhere with no showers to wash the salt water off once you get out. OR a place that- well, sorry, I'll stop now. It's a lovely place, but I'm falling back in love with the beaches over here again!


We saw the funniest family at the beach yesterday: mum, dad and three kids. The parents were applying sunscreen to the kids. The mum was looking after the oldest, very carefully and thoughtfully. The dad was looking after the two youngest at the same time, slapping on handfuls of sunscreen from a pump pack very randomly and extremely liberally. One kid was crying because he had it in his hair, he turned around to dad and got another handful in the face! Eventually the kids ran off, of two smallest we saw a white mohawk, a completely white leg, a totally white face, and a lot of dad-handshaped white splotches! Would love to see what the tan marks would turn out like if those kids got burned!



My dad bought a back pack full of goodies and we had a very civilised picnic, of course it was full of the obligatory sand, but I hear that that just makes a beach picnic more 'gourmet'.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I'm loving reading all of this... Once I get my blog up and running I'll let you know... hopefully over christmas!
And don't remind us of the beautiful beaches, I miss them as it is- though you'll love to know that I'm going to Scotland for Christmas and there will be SNOW!!!!!!!
Yay!