Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas, let's set the record straight

Okay, so my previous post may have been a bit 'Bah humbug' about Christmas, so to set the record straight, there were some good times too!

Christmas Eve was an excellent night! Katy came to stay, and she baked up some excellent chocolate chip cookies and let me eat half the mixture before it was cooked.



Jess didn't come over, but she was still present by phone!



Then on Christmas Day we went to Dad's place for breakfast first, which was so much fun! Dad's partner Meg and her three beautiful daughters and their partners were all there. We had a great time, it was only a pity we couldn't all stay longer!



Hayden got a Buzz Lightyear pool, and the look of sheer joy on his face when he saw it was such a blessing! He hung out with his breakfast in the pool - total luxury...



Great food, fantastic company, beautiful presents, and a lovely garden. It was so wonderful!

After that, we hightailed it back to mums place to help get ready for Christmas lunch and open a few more presents! (A few! Did I say a few?!)



Adam scored a few great presents!




We were taking bets on whether Luke would cry or not when he opened his present from mum and Gary. Luke is a total LOTR geek, and they gave him a real life replica of Striders sword. Not my cup of tea, but Luke got quite emotional!





I was forced to recant my earlier 'pink stinks' declaration, as I received an almost entirely pink collection of presents! Which is cool, because pink is totally the new black. (Check out my cute little hot pink hand weights!)




Katy whipped up the most delightful looking trifle that I have ever encountered! (And boy, did I encounter it!)




My fabulous cousins came over, including the lovely auntie Valerie, and the ever amusing uncle Phil.



Jessie, Katy, Dan the man, beautiful Lisa, Simon the tallest cousin around, and me (I was bending down to make everyone else feel tall, honest!)




And we ate a lot of great food, told some very bad Christmas-cracker jokes, and then everyone buggered off to their next stop while we had an early night!



No comments: