Friday, December 16, 2005

Transitioning no more!

Excellent news today, and some more great news, a good accomplishment and some bad news as well - but we can't win all the time can we!

So, first good news is that I spoke to Grace, the company who are delivering my boxes from London. They say that they are through customs, and through quarantine, and are now just waiting for the delivery driver to fit me into his schedule! Yay! After 3 months I can have my things again! That's really going to be a relief. Luckily I'm moving soon too (approx 4 weeks) as there is definately no room here to unpack things!

Second good news is that I was offered a job! It's a great package. The job sounds very doable, and the salary + bonus + super is superb. I went down and saw the office last week, and it's a beautiful office, great location. The people seem really friendly and fun, the desk looks nice, the work seems fine... YAY! It will be so good to have a bit more purpose again! Now, since it's a medical supply company, Christmas is their slow period - which I found very interesting, as every job I've ever had has been retail driven and ths Christmas is the busiest time of year - so they want me to start straight away so that I can start learning the ropes. So next Wednesday I start! (I hope my boxes come before then so I have some corporate clothes to wear!)

The accomplishment was that I finally sent off all my Christmas presents to London - very very late, I know! The Post Office lady told me that I have a chance of them being there by Christmas... sorry if they're a bit late girls, but there are now on their way anyway! I was up til 3am last night wrapping, and then spent about half an hour queueing in the post office line, not my favourite place to be, but it will be all worth it when they unwrap the presents and know how much I love them! (Yes, have you read 'The Five Love Languages'? Can you guess which mine is?!)

The bad news was about the BMW. It;'s been okay to drive around the place lately, but Lance the Mechanic tested it today and looks like the head gasket is definately blown. Yes - that means a whole lot to me too. Apparently it was weak already so it wasn't entirely my fault - good to know, and also apparently there might be some chemical solution to fixing it, but I'm leaving that to the grown-ups to decide. I can't wait til I can buy a car of my own! It's going to be one that is significantly younger than me this time, as opposed to these cars that are nearly the same age!

So three wins and one loss, I think that averages out into a pretty good day! (Don't tell Gary I said that though!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for your new Job!!! And starting on Wednesday as well! How cool!
Bummer about the Beemer though...but like you probably know, soon the money will be rolling in, and you'll be able to buy one for yourself! Hey, will be thinking of you on Monday- it's the Greystoke Palace in-house Christmas party... (seems like there have been lots of those lately...) and will miss having you there. Will drink a tost to you!

Anonymous said...

A new job, a new house, a new suburb, good friends ... yes!
Well done.